- Open webpages
- Navigate webpages
- Favorites and history in Internet Explorer Mobile
- Use Maps
- Get directions
- Map favorite places
- Local Scout
- Search the web
- Scan codes, tags, and text
- What song is this?
- Location awareness and my phone
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Location and my privacy FAQ
New to the area or just looking for something new to do? Local Scout can help you find nearby restaurants, shops, and things to do. You can then get relevant info about the different places to help you decide where to go.
To use Local Scout
Press the Search button, tap Scout , and then do one or more of the following:
- Under Eat+drink, tap a restaurant that interests you. You'll get info about the restaurant, such as the address, directions, phone number, hours, website, and other info. Press the Back button to go back to your search results.
- To find places to go to and things to do in the area, flick left to See+do, and then tap an event or attraction.
- To find places to go shopping, flick left to Shop, and then tap a store to get more info about it.
- To see highlighted places and any of your favorite places that are nearby, flick left to Highlights.
- To pin Local Scout to Start, in Local Scout, tap More > Pin .
- Tap the map at the top of the screen in Local Scout to see the different places on a map.
- To find certain kinds of restaurants in the area, under Eat+drink, tap Distance, tap the I care about list, and then tap Cuisine. Tap the kinds of restaurants you're interested in, and then press the Back button to see restaurants that meet your criteria.
To use Local Scout for another area
You can use Local Scout for other areas, too. For example, if you're in Seattle, WA and taking a trip to Boston, MA, you could search in Maps for Boston, MA, and then use Local Scout to help you plan your trip ahead of time.
On Start, flick left to the App list, then tap Maps .
In Maps, tap Search .
In the Search box, type a city name and state.
Tap Go .
Tap Scout .
- Local Scout may not be available in your country or region. For more info, see Feature and service availability.
- You won't be able to use Local Scout if your phone has only 256 MB of RAM. To find out how much RAM your phone has, go to Settings > About or contact your phone manufacturer for more info.