- Touring the Windows Phone Store
- Getting apps from Windows Phone Store
- Deleting or reinstalling apps
- Downloading apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on your Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Getting suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Setting up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Setting up the Facebook app
- Setting up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Using Speech on your phone
- Using Internet Explorer
- Changing privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Synchronising documents using your computer
- Synchronising documents with OneDrive
- Using OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scanning codes and text
- Using maps
- Getting directions
- Sharing apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and your phone
Synchronising documents with OneDrive
With Microsoft OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive), you can get to your documents from virtually anywhere. Start working on a document on your computer, then continue on your phone. Or you can do it the other way around. To get started on your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account, then go to the Office Hub.
To sync documents from OneDrive to your phone
On your phone, sign in with a Microsoft account.
In the App list, tap Office .
You'll see that your OneDrive has been added to Places. Swipe over to Recent to see documents on OneDrive that you've recently opened from somewhere else. Other documents that you've recently opened on your phone will appear there too.
In Windows Phone 8, OneDrive is called SkyDrive.
To open a document, do either of the following:
- Swipe over to Places, tap OneDrive, tap a folder, then tap a document or notebook to open it.
- Swipe over to Recent, then tap a document.
If you can't see the file you're looking for on OneDrive, you can do any of the following in the Office Hub to search for it:
- To search for a document, swipe over to Places or Recent, tap Search , then start typing the file name. Tap the one you're interested in to open and edit it.
- To search for a particular note, swipe over to Places, tap OneDrive, then tap a notebook to open it in Microsoft OneNote Mobile. In OneNote, tap Search, then type a notebook name, section name, page title or a word or two that might appear in a note. Tap Enter , then tap a notebook, section or page to open it.
- On OneDrive, you can access both your own Office files and those that other people have shared with you.
- When you save changes to a file that's on OneDrive, the changes are saved to OneDrive.
- A OneNote notebook that's larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't be synchronised to OneDrive.
To save an existing document to OneDrive
Any document that you can open on your phone can be saved to OneDrive, including email attachments and files on a Microsoft SharePoint or a SharePoint Online site.
In the Office Hub, swipe over to Places, then tap the place that the document is in.
Tap and hold the document, tap Save to > OneDrive.
To save a new document to OneDrive
In the Office Hub, swipe over to Recent, tap New > Word or Excel.
Add the content you want, then tap More > Save.
Type a name in the File name box, then tap the Save to list > OneDrive > Save.