- Touring the Windows Phone Store
- Getting apps from the Store
- Deleting or reinstalling apps
- Downloading apps and games FAQ
- Sending apps or games to my phone from the web
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Setting up My Family
- Games Hub
- Setting up an Xbox account
- Playing games
- Solutions to Store issues
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
Setting up an Xbox account
It's free to join Xbox and set up an account – and you can do it from your phone.
If you already have an Xbox account, you can sign in on your phone with the same email address you use for your Xbox account. This lets you use your gamertag, check leader boards, customise your avatar and do many more Xbox-related things on your phone. If you're not sure which email address you use for Xbox, see Finding the Microsoft account I used to create my gamertag.
In the App list, tap Games .
Flick to the Xbox pane, then tap Join Xbox or sign in.
If you've already signed in with a Microsoft account but haven't set it up for Xbox, follow the instructions to do so.
If you haven't yet signed in with a Microsoft account on your phone, follow the instructions to sign in or create a new account. If you have more than one Microsoft account and aren't sure which one to use, see Which Microsoft account should I use?
- When you set up a new Xbox account, you'll be assigned a gamertag. If you like, you can change your gamertag once for free. To learn how, see this gamertag article on Xbox.com.
- Xbox may not be available in your country or region.