- Getting started
- What's new in Windows Phone 8
- 3 buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Getting connected
- Everything leads back to Start
- Microsoft account
- Synchronising your Windows Phone
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Recommended settings for phone setup
- Using Data Sense to track your data usage
- Moving from Android or iPhone to Windows Phone
- Tips and tricks
- Places to try tapping and holding
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- How-to videos
Pairing your phone with a Bluetooth accessory
Bluetooth lets you do lots of things on your Windows Phone 8 – everything from making hands-free calls using Speech to sharing files with other people. Regardless of what you want to do, the first step is the same – pair your phone with the Bluetooth accessory or device.
Make sure that the accessory or device you want to pair is turned on and in pairing mode so your phone can connect to it.
In the App list, tap Settings , tap Bluetooth, then change Status to On .
Your phone will search for any discoverable Bluetooth accessories or devices. It will also be discoverable to other Bluetooth accessories or devices near you while you're on this screen. Make sure your phone stays unlocked during pairing.
Tap the name of the accessory or device that you want to pair with your phone.
If a PIN (also called a pairing code) is required, do one of the following:
- In the Pairing accessory message box, make sure that both the phone and the accessory or device display the same PIN, then tap OK.
- Enter the PIN for your accessory if you're asked for it, then tap Done.
After it's paired, your phone will automatically connect to the accessory or device when it's in range and Bluetooth on your phone is turned on.
The accessory or device needs to use a Bluetooth version and profile that will work with your phone. For more info, see Bluetooth FAQ.
Pairing with accessories that have NFC
Some Bluetooth accessories (including some speakers) have near-field communication (NFC) capabilities. To pair your phone with accessories that are NFC capable, just tap your phone to the touch mark on the accessory. Sometimes the touch mark will say nfc or something similar.