- Where's the App list?
- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- Lock screen
- Setting alarms on your phone
- Copying and pasting
- Finding a lost phone
- Setting up Kid's Corner
- Backup and storage
- Sharing things on your phone
- How do I update my phone software?
- Windows Phone 8 update history
- Using Speech on your phone
- Using your phone for work
- Tips to help keep your Windows Phone secure
- Switching between apps
- Accessibility on your phone
- Resetting your phone
- Making the most of your battery and data usage
- What do the icons on my phone mean?
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Setting alarms on your phone
Let's face it: the alarm clock on your bedside table is a thing of the past – just one power cut away from causing you to miss an important meeting or flight. Fortunately, your Windows Phone is there for you, with customisable alarms that you can set up in just a few taps. And you can do more than just wake up with them – set uniquely named alarms for any occasion, from feeding the dog to putting dinner in the oven to limiting the kids' TV time.
To add an alarm
In the App list, tap Alarms .
Tap Add , then under New, tap Time, tap 07:00 and tap the setting you want to adjust – hours, minutes or AM/PM (if you're using a 12-hour clock). If you want to customise the alarm, do any of the following:
- Under Repeats, tap Only once, select the checkbox for each day on which you want the alarm to sound, then tap Done .
- Under Sound, tap Alarm 1, then choose an item from the list of available alarms, alerts and ringtones. To preview a sound before you choose it, tap Play .
- Under Name, tap Alarm, type the name you want to give the alarm ("Alarm 1", "Alarm 2", etc.), then tap Save .
You'll see all the alarms you've added so far under All. Turn on each alarm you want to set.
- Your phone needs to be on for the alarm to sound.
- If your phone is set to display time with a 24-hour clock, some of the default choices in Alarms will look different. If you're using a 12-hour clock and prefer to view the time and set alarms with a 24-hour clock, go to Settings > Date + time and turn on 24-hour clock .
- There's no limit to the number of alarms you can set on your phone, so whether you're a heavy sleeper who needs a five alarms to wake up or you want to set a unique alarm for each day of the week, your phone has it covered.
- Alarms are flexible and can be edited at any time in case you want to catch a few more minutes of sleep one day and change it back the next. In Alarms, tap the alarm you want to edit, then tap Save when you've finished making changes.
Alarm volume and ringtones
Alarm volume is separate from the overall phone volume and can't be changed. As long as your phone is on, your alarms will still ring out nice and loud even if you turn down or silence the phone volume. So be careful to turn them off before a night out at the symphony.
To snooze or dismiss an alarm
When an alarm sounds, a notification will appear at the top of your screen. To delay the alarm, tap Snooze or press your phone's Back button. To end the alarm, tap Dismiss.
Tapping Snooze will delay an alarm for nine minutes. Pressing Back will delay it for two minutes.
To delete an alarm
If you don't need to use an alarm for a while, you can always turn it off and forget about it. But if you know you'll never need it again, you can delete it too.
In the App list, tap Alarms .
Tap the alarm you want to delete, then tap Delete .